Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lately


Chandler is getting so close to sitting up! He has to put his hands down by his feet like a gorilla and only lasts a little bit before toppling over, but his back is getting so strong! I love how he looks around all casually like he's been doing it all his life.



We've also had to start watching Chandler more closely when he's laying on a blanket because he has started grabbing it and pulling it up over his face. And here is a  bonus picture of him in the owl onesie that I made him...



For some reason, he always like to grab the sides of whatever he is sitting in...bouncer, car seat, changing table, etc. Josh loves it because he does the same thing.


We have been continuing to enjoy smiles, giggles, and adorable babbling. Prepare for photo overload. He's so cute, I can't make any picture cuts...











He will still eat pretty much anything that we put in his mouth. So far, we've only really given him vegetables because I've heard that once you start the fruits, that's all they want. We'll be starting fruit soon, though, and I'm sure that will make him way happy.



We were at the store the other day getting him some books, and we handed him one while we were looking around. When we took it away to leave the store, he started crying. And when we gave it back, he stopped. So we bought it and he LOVES it. He still gets so excited when we hand him and read him Wheels on the Bus.


Chandler has come a very long way with nap time and it isn't as difficult to get him to sleep anymore. I've been laying him down to sleep in our room because its blinds are more efficient than in his room and help him sleep better during the day. When I lay down next to him, it helps him fall asleep faster. And I know I should probably just let him learn to fall asleep on his own, but he turns and snuggles his face into mine and slowly falls asleep and I love it too much to give it up... But then the tricky part is trying to get up without waking him up. He is such a funny sleeper. The other day when he was napping, there was a HUGE storm going on outside. Every time the thunder boomed, it sounded like the Yankees were back and firing cannons directly at our house. I crept in to check on him because I didn't think there would be any way he could possibly sleep through that. Sure enough, he was still asleep, but as I crept away I made the floor just barely creek and it made him jump awake. Seriously, baby?

Here he is the day he turned 5 months:






No comments:

Post a Comment