Friday, March 11, 2011

JoEllen's Rehearsal Dinner

The night before the wedding, we were able to go to JoEllen and Tanner's rehearsal dinner at Thanksgiving Point. I have to admit, whenever I go to other venues, I always have to scope it out to see the difference in how they run things in comparison to Aspen Landing and The Canterbury Place. And I was VERY impressed with Thanksgiving Point.

The floral centerpieces were gorgeous!

Here is Josh with our nephew, Liam, and his brother, James, is next to him. Liam is OBSESSED with Josh. Whenever Josh is in a room he crawls over to him and starts trying to climb up his legs. When other people hold him and Josh is standing nearby, he reaches for Josh. Fortunately, Josh is just as crazy about Liam.


I wish I could eat at Thanksgiving Point weekly. The dressing on the salad was ridiculously good, and the pesto chicken was incredible! I love pesto, but I rarely get to have it.


After dinner, everyone told hilarious stores about JoEllen and Tanner. The best part was probably when Tanner's brother got up and said that he always wanted Tanner to date JoEllen back in high school because he never really liked the other girls that Tanner dated. Right after he said it, we heard this mortified laugh from the front table...coming from one of Tanner's ex-girlfriends. Oops...I guess Tanner's brother forgot one of those ex-girlfriends was in attendance...


It was a great way to kick off the wedding festivities!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know these people, but I definitely got a kick out of that story about Tanner's brother! You know it's funny when you laugh about someone you don't even know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. taking pictures of food??

    and I bet the Tanner ex-girlfriend story wasn't as embarassing as my story from jordan's wedding dinner....

    ReplyDelete