Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mom's Birthday!

Mom had her birthday at the end of September. She had to be in Charleston the night of her actual birthday because Jordan was getting surgery early the next morning, so we celebrated a few days later.

Her restaurant of choice was our family favorite, Miyabi's!

Chandler loved the chef's show and the birthday balloon.




I got him out of the car and all the way into the far side of the house and he was still clutching the balloon for dear life.


We went back to my parent's house and opened presents. Chandler gave her his little handprint.



Mom requested a chocolate fudge cake with strawberry filling, so I attempted my first three layer cake. The decorations didn't end up looking anything like the picture I was trying to copy, but it still ended up pretty cute.




I was able to get the buttercream somewhat smooth this time, but not as smooth as I wanted. I just can't figure out how to do it! And writing on cakes isn't even going to happen. I tried to put "Happy Birthday" on the top and it looked like I had a seizure while I was writing it. And even though I had etched it with a toothpick first, I started trying to go to fast to make it look less shaky and ended up putting "Happy Birtday" and had to scrape it all off and smooth it down again. At that point, I figured Mom knew well enough that it was her birthday and I would just skip that step.



Happy Birthday, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment