Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Arizona

This year, Mom was planning on being in Arizona over Lindsey's birthday. We were talking about how awesome it would be if all 3 of us could be there together. That led to looking online for cheap airfare tickets and we happened upon a good deal!. At this point, the departure date was only a week away so we decided to keep it a surprise.

I was super nervous about flying alone with Chandler for the first time. It's a loooooong flight and I didn't want him to scream the whole way. Also, in an attempt to save more money, I didn't want to have to check a suitcase and crammed all of our stuff into a carry on, which saved, but also meant I had to drag it across the airports at all our stops. So on the departure date, I loaded up Chandler into the pouch carrier and a purse stocked as Chandler's emergency essentials kits and flew out of Charleston.


(I hate taking pictures of myself and I'm terrible at it, but I wanted to document Chandler's first plan ride.)

I tried to time it so it would be time to sleep right when we got on the plane. Chandler did AMAZING. From Charleston to Charlotte, he fell asleep right before take off and woke up during landing. He loved looking out the window.



In Charlotte, our plane was delayed for two hours and he was still just so happy to look around. I laid a blanket on the floor so he could stretch out and kick a little bit.


On the flight from Charlotte to Phoenix he slept a lot and when he was awake he was content to sit in my lap and play. And one hug blessing was that the middle seat was empty so I was able to lay him on it to stretch out a little, too. 

When we arrived in Phoenix, Nick picked us up. When we got close to the house, I texted Mom to let her know. She told Lindsey to go into Makenzie's room so she could hide one last birthday present for Lindsey to open. Chandler and I snuck into the guest bedroom closet and when Lindsey came down, Mom told her to look inside. When she opened it, I screamed and she and Chandler both jumped 10 feet. She was completely surprised and hadn't suspected anything at all!

The next morning was probably the fullest day of the trip. We spent the whole day shopping, going to Zupa's (which I am obsessed with and they don't have one here), having a delicious homemade dinner, and watching a movie.





I loved hanging out with Makenzie and Tanner...they are so cute and hilarious - seriously, the most adorable personalities ever. I would play this Rainbow Fish memory game with Makenzie and she would legitimately beat me. She's pretty much a genius. Also, all of the cousins loved each other. Chandler thought they were so funny and they loved to kiss on him. In the mornings I would sit him in a bumbo while I got ready and they would come keep him entertained.





Once when we were loading up in the car, Tanner realized he didn't have any shoes on and ran back inside to get some. This is how he came out:


On Sunday when we went to church I took Chandler to the mother's lounge to feed him. Compared to Myrtle Beach, their mother's lounge was like a spa! Instead of a closet it was a much larger room with lots of space between 3 arm chairs, a full length mirror, sink and soap, nursing pads...so wish we had that.

After church, we took pictures of Nonnie with all 3 of her grandkids. (Chandler wet through his outfit and I had to change him into back-up clothes. He doesn't usually dress like this to go to church...)




And the boys! Tanner usually found Chandler very entertaining, except when Chandler did his famous high pitched squeal. Then he would say "Chandler...too loud."


 Lindsey had an exersaucer for Chandler to play in and he went crazy over it.



This was by far the longest Josh had ever been away from Chandler and he missed him like crazy. So we skyped with him for a little bit on Sunday and I tried to send him lots of pictures.

We also went to Target and got some pictures taken of all 3 kids together, but I don't have those yet so I will post them when I get them.

Chandler and Tanner had some matchy outfits:




Chandler loved having quality time with Aunt Lindsey, too.


Chandler was so good on the return trip that we went ahead and made the drive from Charleston to Myrtle Beach that night so we wouldn't have to be away from Josh any longer.

We miss you already, Bell family!

No comments:

Post a Comment