Tuesday, September 20, 2011

America!

This fourth of July was exciting because it was my first one home in years! My family has a lot of really fun Independence Day traditions.

I had to work during the day time, but Josh and I went over to my parents after. We all went out to buy some fireworks at a store nearby. We always have a lot of fun picking those out! We make sure to get a few daytime fireworks, too. Our favorites are the colored smoke bombs, the snakes (Mom's personal favorite), the army trucks, and the parachute men.

When we got home we grilled some delicious food and whipped up amazing side dishes and enjoyed a great meal. Then, we went outside to shoot off the daytime fireworks. After that, Dad starts to get the homemade ice cream going, because it takes awhile.


When it started to get dark, we shot of our bigger fireworks. And fountains...I LOVE fountains.

Halston and I used the Roman Candles (that shoot out balls of fire) and had a wizarding duel. I got a little to excited with my wand waving and almost hit someone. Oops.


And, of course, no fourth of July would be complete with out sparklers!



Then we went inside and used the homemade ice cream to customize our own sundaes. How is homemade ice cream SO good?


Happy Birthday, America!

1 comment:

  1. You guys were just pretending to have fun without us. Really, it wasn't fun without us. And I want homemade ice cream. You should borrow the ice cream maker and make peanut butter ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete