Friday, March 15, 2013

Chandler Joshua Benson


Chandler Joshua Benson


February 20, 2013
9:55 pm
8 lbs 4 oz
20.5"



I was in the recovery room for about an hour. I tried to use this time to get some sleep since my eyes were still really heavy, but it was very difficult to give in to sleep when I knew my baby was somewhere in the hospital waiting for me! The nurses assured me I would get to see him again soon. I was very ready when they started to wheel me to my room.

My family (except for Josh, who was with the baby) were already in the room when I arrived. After the nurses got me settled into the bed, Josh came with Chandler in his little bassinet and I was able to hold him again. It was so nice to be able to enjoy him, surrounded by family that already loved him, without being strapped to a table with doctors stitching me back together!

Please ignore the quadruple chins in the following pictures...






I was in the hospital from Wednesday to Saturday, so we had a good long time to get to know Chandler before having to get back to the real world and regular responsibilities! We might be a little bit biased, but Josh and I realized right away that we have the cutest baby ever. He has the softest, most perfect skin, like his dad. He has my eye shape, but Josh's blue eyes (we'll see if they stay blue)! Josh's ears, my dimples and chin. Brown hair like both of us. We just couldn't take our eyes off of him or stop kissing his little cheeks!




Mom spent the daytime hours with us, and the rest of my family would come in the evenings after work and school. It was so wonderful to have their support and spend so much time with them!








Laurann even came to visit!

Recovery from a c-section was rather tough for me (not surprising, since I'm a wimp with a really low pain threshold). I couldn't cough or sneeze or laugh too hard and walking was difficult for the first few days. But every single day showed a marked improvement. Lucky for me, I was in the best hospital. Waccamaw is amazing! There wasn't a single nurse or doctor that we didn't like; everyone was ridiculously nice. One nurse, Ashley, was our favorite. She worked every night and was always so willing to answer our millions of questions, help me figure out nursing, help with pain management, etc. I've heard horror stories about some labor and delivery nurses, so this was a huge blessing.










When Saturday finally rolled around, they circumcised Chandler (poor baby, I cried when they took him to do the procedure because I felt so bad, but he took it like a champ), took out my staples, and discharged us from the hospital. Time to take our sweet boy home! 

3 comments:

  1. He is adorable. So happy for you and Josh. Loved all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, he is so sweet! I wish I was there so I could hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is darling, Madison! I only have 4 weeks left until our baby girl #3 comes along, and I can't wait. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete