Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jenessa and Chris's Wedding

I feel like my life is one big wedding. I go to work. For the first half of the day I plan weddings, and for the second half of the day, I help run them. Whenever I take time off of work, it's generally to go to a wedding. First, there was our wedding in July 2009. Then Brett's in August 2009. Then Jilleena's in November 2009. Then Josh's friend, Tim's in May 2010. Then Catherine's in August 2010. Now Jenessa's, also in August 2010. Between work, family,and friends, I think I have been to over 100 weddings...and I'm only 23. I was a little worried that going to so many weddings at work would disillusion me. I didn't want to get sick of weddings. But I have to say, even after seeing so many, the weddings of family and friends are still so special to me. Going to Jenessa and Chris's wedding was wonderful. They are both amazing people, and I loved being a part of their wedding day.

On the morning of August 20th, we all headed over to the Salt Lake Temple. When I first walked up, I saw Jenessa outside the doors, chatting to her parents on the phone. She was positively glowing, and completely composed!

The sealing was wonderful. At work, I have seen so many bishops marrying young couples and saying "for the period of your mortal lives." I loved to finally be in a temple again and hear the words "for time and all eternity."

After the ceremony, we went outside to wait for the couple to come out. I found my niece, Piper, sitting on the floor in her fancy dress eating an apple. She is Disney princess obsessed (which shows her great taste), and she reminded me so much of Snow White right then, that I had to take a picture. What a cutie.

It was a million degrees, and I felt like I was melting! But we had a great time hanging out with all the Benson's, former Benson's, and in-laws. For our clothes, all the girls in the family did the same thing we did for my wedding: black dresses with a sash in the wedding colors.

When Chris and Jenessa came out of the temple, they looked so happy!

We spent a lot of time taking pictures and hanging out on the temple grounds.

After pictures, I had to go straight back to work for the rest of the night. I was so sad I had to miss the reception! But I had been off the week before to go to South Carolina, and I couldn't get more time off because these were the busiest weeks of the summer, and the other wedding planner had been worked into the ground while I was gone. I was SO sad to miss it. And then even Josh had to miss it because he had a crisis at work! We were very disappointed that we couldn't go, but we heard that everything was gorgeous, and Jenessa was so sweet and understanding.

It was a wonderful day. Next up: Jordan and Kaitlyn in December!

1 comment: