Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dad and Riley's Grand Adventure

Dad and Riley spent this past week out here in Utah. Dad had a conference about new timeshare software that Plantation Resort just purchased. This conference was conveniently located in Salt Lake City! Unfortunately, Dad and I had opposite schedules. The days of his conference were days that I either had off, or had a short day. By the time his conference was over, I had full days at work, one of which was a 12 hour shift. Despite this snag, we managed to fit in a lot of quality time. We watched movies at night. We were able to pick up one of our distant relatives, Kelly, who is staying at Westridge Academy (Riley's old school) and take her out to dinner and ice cream. And on Friday night, Dad, me, Josh, Riley, Jordan, and Kaitlyn were all able to go out to dinner at Olive Garden and then go bowling! Josh won both games, and I stunk it up. I didn't break 70 either game, and I didn't get a single strike. But I had a great time!


On Saturday while I was at work, Dad, Riley, and Josh went to the BYU game down in Provo. Then they came back to our apartment and we finished watching "The Hunt for Red October" while Dad and Riley packed. They had to take a red eye back to South Carolina that night.

It was so fun to have them here! And it's crazy to think that they will be back in less than a month to drop Riley off at the MTC!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Although it probably wasn't as fun without me. Josh looks like he was bowling with a watermelon. And that is a nice little child Jordan and Kaitlyn have.

    ReplyDelete