Friday, February 1, 2013

The Nursery

Josh and I will probably never win any awards for being super organized, but somehow, throughout the pregnancy, we have managed to pace ourselves with preparations very well. We slowly got things accomplished week by week. So now, instead of being in a panic because I'm full term and we still have tons to do, we are actually very prepared! Baby's nursery is now ready and waiting.

Of course, family and friends were a HUGE reason we were able to get everything we needed accomplished...especially because of Mom!

Josh stripped all the border that was in the room and then Mom, Jordan, Kaitlyn, Halston, and Allison all came over to help us paint! I did touch-ups and painted all the trim after.


Josh did a fantastic job setting up the crib!


Mom and I went fabric shopping together and then proceeded to do a ton of sewing projects. First, she helped me to sew the baby's comforter. We had an old glider of my Grandma's in storage, so Mom recovered it and an ottoman for us...they turned out amazing, I don't know how she does it! She even made an awesome throw pillow for the glider. Then I sewed the curtains and the drapes for the changing table.

Dad and Josh got everything hung up on the walls, and the nursery is complete! We absolutely love how it turned out.


Now the only thing we're waiting on is Baby Boy Benson!

1 comment:

  1. The nursery is super cute! I can't wait for your little man to join your family. It is the best feeling in the world to hold your own precious child for the first time. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete