Tuesday, January 22, 2013

South Carolina Christmas Celebrations

Because Myrtle Beach is a tourist town, the area has tons of fun Christmas shows and events all throughout December. Between those events and our regular holiday traditions, my family was able to have lots of Christmas fun together before Josh and I went to spend the actual holidays in Utah with the Bensons!

Despite the fact that we weren't going to be here over Christmas, we couldn't resist putting up our tree and decorations to enjoy for a few weeks.


We had a great time at the ward Christmas party (I guess Halston was too cool to sit with us)...


Dad was able to get the family tickets to the Christmas shows at the Alabama Theatre and Carolina Opry. The Opry is one of our favorite events to go to each year!


Laurann and Catherine came into town for Christmas, which meant we got to spend some time catching up and meet Catherine's adorable new baby girl!


Every Christmas, Brookgreen Gardens hosts a "Night of a Thousand Candles" where they decorate their incredible property with thousands of candles floating in fountains and hanging from trees and draped with Christmas lights. I've been wanting to go for years, but have never been able to make it. This year, my best friend, Allison, got me some tickets for my birthday! My family decided to come along, too, and we had a fantastic time! They had heated tents with all kinds of performers, catering from a local restaurant, and the decorations were incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment