Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Future Father's Day

This past Sunday we got to celebrate Father's Day! The day kicked off with me getting to give the Young Women's lesson on Father's Blessings (how appropriate).

Josh got roped into singing with two other guys in sacrament meeting. And I say "roped" because they literally asked him ONE hour before sacrament to sing with them. But he did awesome! He really does have an amazing voice. And, of course, at the end of church they handed out the "father's day gift", which was homemade white chocolate covered cashews.

Then, when we got home, I got to give Josh his Father's Day Gift from me!

And he got...

A capo for his guitar! He has taken up playing guitar again lately and loves it! But some of the songs he wants to play needed the capo, and Father's Day was the perfect opportunity to surprise him with it.


So Happy Future Father's Day to Josh! I know he's going to be a wonderful Dad when the time comes.

Also, Happy Father's Day to my own Dad! My hero and the smartest guy I know. Growing up, he always had a ton on his plate, what with running the resort and being stake president. But he was always, ALWAYS there for me, no matter how long his day or how exhausted he might be, whether I needed him to help me with math homework or just to play games or watch movies. Thanks for everything, Dad, I love you!

And Happy Father's Day to my Father-in-law! He has to be a super dad to successfully raise 11 kids! And if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have my amazing husband. He taught Josh to work hard and encouraged him to go on a mission. Lots of Josh's great qualities can be attributed to him. Thanks, Fred!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Josh played guitar. That is cool. That is funny that you guys celebrated the "future" father's day

    ReplyDelete