Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Future Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day as a Sadie (married lady)! Even though I am not a mother, I feel like getting married has gotten me one step closer, so figured I may as well be celebrated as a future mother! They gave me the flowers in church and everything (I remember wanting a flower so bad when I was little). I ended up with 2 because someone brought me one AND Josh brought me one, and Josh forgot to put his back. But I love how much fresh flowers brighten up the apartment.


Josh, however, was not aware that I was hoping for a Future Mother's Day. So he didn't have anything for me...but he ended up having something for me the very next day! I don't know what made him catch on. Maybe it was the fact that during sacrament meeting when the speakers talked about recognizing and appreciating all the women and mothers in Zion, I would shake my head mournfully and say "not ALL the mother's in Zion."

Anyway, he figured it out. And he brought me my most favorite candy in the world, Reese's, and the movie Pinocchio!

Pinocchio might seem like an odd present for someone my age, but it was perfect for me! For the past few years, I have been trying to collect all the classic Disney movies. I was absolutely obsessed with Disney growing up, and to be honest, I still am. So I want all my kids to grow up watching and loving these movies, too. The collection is really coming along!


I still need Alice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book, and Toy Story...and probably a few others that I can't think of right now. And yes, that IS a Chinese Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Now I know to read the fine print on eBay...

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all! And a special Happy Mother's Day to my own Mom, who is also my best friend. I'm so grateful to her for being there for me through thick and thin, all through growing up, and even now that I'm an adult! I couldn't have asked for a better mom, and I know she'll be an awesome Nonnie one day when I have kids.

Also, a special Happy Mother's Day to Josh's mom, who has been absolutely incredible and accepted me as one of her own. I can't thank her enough for raising such an amazing son! She'll also be a fabulous Grandma to our future children.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your Disney Collection! It just isnt' fair....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I loved your 'future mother's day.'
    Our first mother's day, David went all out with dinner, flowers and jewelry. I was like, "Um, what's the special occasion?" I was so confused! But he was so worried that I'd expect something big and he'd disappoint me, so he covered all his bases. I definately wasn't expecting it, but I'm not going to say no to presents ;)

    ReplyDelete