Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Apartment

I love our apartment complex, but its one drawback is that we don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment. So, we have to use our complex laundromat. When I was doing laundry the other day, I came across this little number:

Either this got mixed into our laundry, or Josh is in BIG trouble. I wasn't really sure what to do with it, so I went back to the laundromat and left it on a shelf. I'm sure it's classy owner has been looking frantically for it. Or maybe she's used to losing her tops...I'd rather not think about it.

I guess it's time to post pictures of our new apartment! We still have a few things left to do. I'm waiting on some pictures to get printed so that we can hang those up. But other than that, we're all settled in! We've come a long way considering our apartment used to look like this:



The night we moved in, we were pretty exhausted because we had just flown back in that day and Josh had work in the morning. But that didn't deter him from starting to put some of our furniture together (yes, we did have to buy some cheaper furniture that required assembly...but it's perfect for our needs; I love Ikea!).



It took us a long time (I REALLY hate unpacking) but eventually we got all settled in!




It even has a cute balcony that you can get to from the living room or bedroom! And I love that we have a gas log fireplace...we just have to figure out how to turn it on.


So that's it for our apartment! I will close with a picture of Josh about to leave for his first day at the University of Utah (he's so handsome!).

5 comments:

  1. I love the laundry story! It is so funny....yet gross... I bet it is Josh's. Since he doesn't go to BYU he is allowed to wear stuff like that to school....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place looks nice, Madison! Good job, little housewife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the placemats on the table! Your apartment is so pretty! I'm so excited for you both! Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! We totally have the lamp that you have in your living room--gotta love IKEA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I love that you found a 'topless' shirt at a UTAH complex! At USC, that's the norm...but the thought that someone was wearing that in Utah makes me laugh.

    by the way...you guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete